Last month I saw a tweet from Trouble Doubled inviting Bloggers to become part of a Multi-Coloured Blog Swap carnival. It sounded really exciting and I signed up straight away.
The idea is that bloggers get together, submit a post and in return, have a post sent to them to publish on their site….discovery new blogs whilst promoting yours at the same time.
This post has been provided by Here Comes The Girls as part of the Multi-Coloured Blog Swap carnival.
Blogging should carry a health warning
I just got back from twins club where I had a very interesting conversation. For those of you who don't know, twins club is a place where parents of multiples (who can be recognised by their dark eye bags and lack of free hands) sit around and try to hold a conversation about how tired they are and how hard it is having two or three at a time over the din of too many children.
This morning was one of those times when I wish I had kept my blog anonymous or at least hadn't published the feed to facebook. I was busy trying to stop twin 1 from climbing on the table when a mum I hadn't seen for a while came in. After the usual, how are you, haven't they got big conversation, she said, "Oh, I hear congratulations are in order." I have a fairly rubbish memory and always struggle to remember the last few days when someone says something like this. I mumbled thanks while scrolling through the last few days events trying to work out what she might mean. Here are some of my successes from the day:
- Getting out the house
- Getting out the house, on time for the school run.
- Getting out the house on time for the school run and having all the correct books, PE kits etc for school.
- Getting out the house on time for the school run and having all the correct books, PE kits etc for school and with the correct amount of winter accessories per child.
- Getting out the house on time for the school run and having all the correct books, PE kits etc for school and with the correct amount of winter accessories per child and having got myself ready to a semblance of order e.g. had a shower, brushed hair and teeth, put on coordinated clothes including socks and even make-up.
- Getting out the house on time for the school run and having all the correct books, PE kits etc for school and with the correct amount of winter accessories per child and having got myself ready to a semblance of order e.g. had a shower, brushed hair and teeth, put on coordinated clothes including socks and even make-up and to top it all done it without raising my voice or snapping at any small people who get in my way.
By the time I had run through this little lot I decided that yes, congratulations were in order. As well as a medal of some kind and a celebratory cake. I extracted the sand from twin 2's mouth and beamed. Yes it had been a good day.
It was only as she patted my tummy I realised that this school run amazingness was not what she meant. "Oh it's so lovely. I thought you didn't want anymore."
I looked and felt a little confused. She couldn't mean....could she?
"Oh and judging by the look of you it must be twins again. You must be thrilled."
Oh no! It was true. She thought I was knocked up. I know I haven't been doing too well at my lose-the-twin-mummy-tummy weight loss but I didn't think I looked like I was actually carrying twins.
"Erm...Im not up the duff, at least I hope not and if I am I'm certainly not the mother!" I say as I wrench the dolls pram from the twins and manage to dodge twin 2 as she tries to bite me. The other mum looks disappointed. It's always so heartening to know that someone has it harder than you. "Whatever gave you that idea anyway?"
"Oh I was just reading your blog and saw you were pregnant."
Finally the penny dropped. On Monday I published a jokey poster to advertise my new link up. On it it says "Yes of course I told you I'm pregnant. Don't you read my blog?" It goes without saying I thought people would realise this was a joke. People I am not actually pregnant. No I am not trying for a boy. Three children is enough for me, thank you very much. I assured everyone of my non pregnant status, gathered up the twins and left with rather a red face.
So I am now sitting by the phone waiting for call from my parents. It will come. They don't actually read my blog, it's too embarrassing, but the jungle drums will tell them. I might just make a preemptive strike and update my facebook status with -is not pregnant, except that someone will no doubt misread it and then I will be in trouble.
So my post today comes with a health warning. Be careful what you blog about: some people believe everything they read.