17. This photo was taken after our first night on the boat. It was cold, and we hadn't had the best night sleep so the boys were warming themselves up with a hot chocolate. I wanted to play with the light and to work with having a darker feel to a photo and this one came out better than I envisaged. It's one I'm really proud of.
18. I'm not sure I really need to explain this one. I'm usually very against taking photos of poorly children, but chicken pox is different I think. He really suffered, and was covered. It was heartbreaking and getting him to sleep felt like such a success as it was the only time he wasn't distressed or uncomfortable.
19. A simple photo of a father-son moment. Harry was still suffering with chicken-pox and a cuddle with his daddy made him feel a bit better. He is usually a mummy's boy so a break from the clingyness was nice for me.
20. My mums birthday card, and the novelty of Charles being able to sign it.
21. A simple summer photo. Topless boy, and a refreshing lolly. I wanted to edit this in a different way to usual to make it look almost clean and fresh and to really give the feel of how cooling the lolly was.
22. A weekend on the boat and a fun evening moored up outside our favourite pub. Charles was impressed a group of 20-something girls by showing them is somersaults.
23. Another weekend on the boat. This one was a racing weekend, we didn't take part of course but watched from our boat instead. I couldn't resist this photo of Harry wearing my glasses, even though he does have a mucky face.
24. Charles' favourite animals at the zoo are Meerkats. We went to Banham zoo and they have a lovely enclosure for their Meerkats. Charles watched them for ages and didn't realise I was taking photos of him as he was so engrossed.
25. A 5th birthday spent at Duxford.
26. I think this photo really captures childhood. One sock off, one on, sat on the worktop watching me as I did some housework.
27. I know this isn't the cutest photo and seems like an odd expression. But this again was on the boat and Harry spent a lot of time just talking to me. Non-stop. So I picked up my camera as he was mid-speech and clicked.
28. My brother was home for the week and went to ride his bike around the track at Snetterton. We went to a watch him and in between his "races" he would come over and play with the boys and watch the other bikes with them.
29. This isn't my proudest photo at all. In fact it was a last minute photo. And I felt a bit disappointed at submitting it. However, as it came to looking back over these photos I realised that it isn't as rubbish as I thought, because at the time we were trying to get the rabbit back into his run. The leaves you can see in the top right are hiding a black and white bunny.
The broccoli didn't work.
30. This is quite a special photo. We went for a walk to get out of the house after my husband had laser eye surgery. This was Charles' first bike ride without his stabilisers. He did so so well and didn't fall off once.
31. Charles is really scared of snails. It seems like such a silly fear, and we will sometimes make progress and then he ends up going backwards and being scared again. Baby snails though are totally fine and he loved this one. He spent so much time with it I wondered if he would ever let it go.
32. We enjoyed a lovely day out with our friends at Houghton House in Bedfordshire. These ruins are stunning. Harry was really attached to his Mickey Mouse teddy so he had to come with us. Harry left Mickey laying there whilst he busied himself elsewhere and I thought it made a cute photo.
33. My husband was driving us to the boat (surprise, surprise) and I got my camera out just to play with some settings. I was really pleased with this though and I tend to spend the majority of car journeys talking to the boys and looking at them through the mirror.
34. We had gone to my husbands aunties house for lunch and to go to a birthday party. Harry was in an odd mood this day and my husband grabbed him for a cuddle and a calm down.
35. We went over to my mother in laws during the last week of the summer holidays. I love her garden and we sat outside whilst the boys played. She grabbed her airer and made a tent for the boys.
36. A simple boat day and our Captain wearing his special cap.
37. Self-explanatory. This week was a weird one and I felt over-protective of my boys and felt I didn't want to share a photo of them both. This certificate was a big moment though so made up for a lack of faces.
38. I want to have this photo blown up so big to fill the wall in my lounge. I adore it. I love the matching colours, the faces, the tones. Everything. It was taken at Sandringham Estate for my birthday day out. I was actually setting a shot up for our Me&Mine photo so it was an accidental success.
39. A poorly Charles who spent a lot of time just laying on the sofa.