Sundays #1

I always used to enjoy reading Charlottes 'Weekend Posts' and it's something I've wanted to take inspiration from for a while. Particularly since being with my boyfriend as my weekends aren't spent all lonely by myself wondering what to do.
I work every Saturday so my alternative to a weekend post is to document my Sundays. Sometimes its just a lazy day but I am now trying to make more of an effort, even if it is a home day I try to at least make it special by making a good breakfast or having something really nice for dinner.
Sunday has not the best of days. Harry had woken me up early and I felt super tired so went back to bed, the boys ended up fighting so I woke up and noticed two missed calls from my dad...I knew what it was going to be so I braced myself for bad news. At the age of 98 and a half my Nanny had died. Exactly two weeks previously the boys Grandma died so its not been the easiest February in all honesty.
I had a cry, phoned my brother and my mum, had a cuddle with my boyfriend and reminisced over good memories then decided to get up for the day. 
My boyfriend isn't very well so I told him yo stay in bed and I went downstairs, had a little tidy and then made us all pancakes for breakfast. 
Despite it being cold there was the most beautiful sunlight beaming into the house...almost too bright in some rooms...and it really felt like spring was here. Back with a bang when we then read the snow and freezing temperature reports for next week. 

After a relaxing morning, including a bath for the tortoises and the boys both attempting to make me a Buddha out of Lego, I took the boys out for a bit. First heading to Matalan then we were going to pop to our local Redwings Horse Sanctuary. I didn't realise how good it was there so as we drove up we decided it would be best to come back another day when the weather wasn't so cold and when we hadn't left a poorly man back at home.
The boys did allow me an indulgent few minutes where I pulled up and got out of the car to swoon over the pigs on the nearby field. 

We then drove a couple of metres up the road to the garden centre and had a look at the antiques shop, then visiting the owl sanctuary. I've been here a few times before but never explored further and hadn't been to the section with chickens, turkeys and rabbits. It was really lovely for the boys...and for me.

We then popped to the shop to pick up some stuff for a quick lunch, came home and later on ordered fish n chips. Except this silly mum forgot to order Charles' savaloy...which then resulted in a half an hour drive around town to find a chip shop open to get him one. 

After a lovely dinner, a cuddly bedtime for the boys, it was then time for a lovely bath and straight to bed to settle down with my boyfriend.

It was a lovely day in some ways but tricky in others. Grief is really bloody hard and I didn't realise how many emotions you can feel along with it. Especially when it comes twice in two weeks. I've not experienced grief as an adult so to have two hits of it is a bit of a shock.

Tomorrow I was due to go to work for a few hours to cover for a colleague but thankfully after messaging my boss he is ok with me staying at home. I need to rest and just look after myself as I've really felt a big shock to my mental health which is frustrating but understandable. 

Hopefully next Sunday will be a lot more relaxing with no tears.

Blogger templates by pipdig